Top Tips for a Magic Life
Eckhart Tolle, the internationally renowned teacher and author of the #1 New York bestsellers ‘The Power of Now’ and ‘A New Earth’ provides tips for living a happy, magical life.
1. Stop taking yourself so seriously.
“Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.” – Eckhart Tolle
2. Time is an illusion. “Time isnt precious at all, because it is an illusion. What you perceive as precious is not time but the one point that is out of time: the Now. That is precious indeed. The more you are focused on time”past and future”the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is.”- Eckhart Tolle
3. Take responsibility – accept life.
“Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find yourself here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change
it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.”- Eckhart Tolle “Accept ȩ then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.”- Eckhart Tolle
4. Look for the opportunity in negativity.
“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”- Eckhart Tolle
5. Life isn’t a race. Slow down.
“In today,s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being.”- Eckhart Tolle
6. This too shall pass.
“Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear is not “yours,, not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go. Nothing that comes and goes is you.”- Eckhart Tolle
7. Resistance is futile.
“Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.”- Eckhart Tolle
8. Force is an illusion.
“Power over others is weakness disguised as strength. True power if within, and it is available to you now.”- Eckhart Tolle
9. Seeking and wanting leads to more wanting and seeking. Just be.
“Don,t Seek Happiness. If you seek it, you won,t find it, because seeking is the antithesis of happiness.”- Eckhart Tolle
10. Practice being grateful in all moments.
If the only prayer you say is thank-you that will be enough- Eckhart Tolle
11. Worrying is like praying for something bad to happen.
“Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.”- Eckhart Tolle
Written by: Eckhart Tolle, the internationally renowned teacher and author of the #1 New York bestsellers “The Power of Now, and “A New Earth,)