Sugar, honey and yogurt…These days many beauty products actually contain ingredients that are derived from ingredients found in nature. HEALTH shares some effective beauty tips using easily found items from your fridge or kitchen pantry.
The Treatments *(use once a week for best results)
1) To get a mini freshening peel squeeze half teaspoons each of orange and lemon juice and mix with two tablespoons of plain organic yogurt in a bowl. Apply with fingertips and leave on for at least 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water. This is especially good for normal to oily skin.
2) A great pick me up and instant facelift after a hard day at the office is the egg white freshener. Separate the yolk and white of one egg and using a fork, mix the white and add ¼ teaspoon of lemon or lime juice. Use a cotton ball to apply this. As each layer dries, reapply it. It will tighten very quickly and be careful not to apply it under the eyes. Leave it on for at least 10 minutes and rinse with cold water.
3) A refreshing homemade cleanser is to mix 2 tablespoons of cold whole milk with a pinch of salt and two teaspoons of lime juice. Use a cotton ball to wipe on the entire face and neck (excluding the under eye area.) The combination of lactic acid and citric acid really deep cleanses and helps to rid the skin of the days’ grit and grime.
4) For an instant minifacial suitable for all skin types, that will help you to relax, grind up ¼ cup rolled oats in the grinder to make a fine powder and add to it 1 tablespoon of organic yogurt and 1 teaspoon of pineapple juice. Mix well and apply for at least 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
5) An instant emollient for dry and flaky skin is the banana mask. Mash ¼ of a banana and add to it half a teaspoon of organic honey. Apply the creamy mixture for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and then cold water.