Caraway is a native herb of Asia that is used in various cuisines because of its fragrance and exclusive taste. Once the herb dries seeds are formed and these seeds resemble the appearance of cumin seeds. The spice spread by these seeds is very exquisite and that is the reason why it is used in the Indian, German, Russian cuisines. The nutritional values of caraway seeds make it an essential ingredient to consume. It contains minerals like iron, calcium, zinc and magnesium. The seeds also contain the naturally occurring vitamins. These seeds can be used in teas, as a seasoning and also as a tincture to heal injuries.
Here Are 15 Benefits Of Caraway Seeds On Health Skin And Hair
1. Eases Stomach Related Problems – Caraway seeds contain carvone which is an anthelmintic (used to destroy parasitic worms) this constituent helps in killing the worms in that stomach that create a lot of issues. Regular consumption of caraway seeds help in killing those worms naturally without any side-effects.
2. Gastrointestinal Problems – Caraway seeds contain the properties of a carminative and helps in easing the gut and ease any gas formation. It also has the capability to provide relief from other intestinal problems. Caraway seeds being less expensive can be easily used by everyone.
3. Good For Cough – The caraway seeds also have the properties of qualities of suppressing cough. They act as antitussives and help to provide relief from dry cough. You can combine caraway seeds with pepper balls and use it for the dry cough.
4. Cardiac Health – These seeds help in maintaining proper heart rate because they contain potassium. This property of caraway seeds helps in easing the contraction of the arteries and veins and lowers the blood pressure. The property of the caraway seeds to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the body helps in maintaining proper cholesterol levels in the body. Thus, ensuring better cardiac health.
5. Antispasmodic – Caraway oil is considered as an antispasmodic and can effectively heal the muscle spasms and cramps by inhibiting certain enzymes that relieve the muscle contraction. It also relieves respiratory problems like hiccups and breathlessness.
6. Improves Digestion – The use of caraway seeds in improving digestion is an ancient technique. The consumption of these seeds help in improving the secretion of digestive enzymes and increases the speed of digestion.
7. Diuretic – Caraway seeds oil is considered as an ideal diuretic. It helps in promoting frequent urination in people who are suffering from obstructed urination. This also helps in reducing the water weight of the body. A lot of urination also helps in curing the urinary tract infections.
8. Acts As A Stimulant – Caraway oil helps in stimulating all the functions and cycles in the body. It also helps in regulating the blood supply in the body and reduces depression and fatigue by helping the brain to always be alert and awake.
9. Increases Appetite – The aperitif qualities of caraway seeds help in increasing the appetite by speeding the digestion process and providing relief from constipation.
10. Helpful In Injuries – The oil made out of caraway seeds is a good antiseptic. It helps in heal wounds by curbing any bacteria or fungi build up near the wound that can cause further infections. This property of caraway seeds helps in various infections such as the respiratory tract infection, excretory system infection and other infections in the body.
11. Reduces Skin- Inflammation – Caraway oil is used as for reducing the puffiness and skin inflammation. It also has the capability to control burnt skin by promoting quick growth of skin cells in the affected area.
12. Anti-Ageing Agent – It is used to reduce the formation of wrinkles and clear the ageing spots on the skin and promotes skin health and makes your skin look young and fresh.
13. Scalp Infection – Caraway seeds have the capability of getting rid of scalp infections and protecting hair affected by lice. The regular application of caraway seeds to the hair can help in removing the nits and dandruff from the hair which causes hair fall and itchy scalp. It also improves the texture of the hair.
14. Improves Metabolism – Caraway seeds possess a good amount of manganese that will help in improving the metabolism of the body. The regular consumption of caraway seeds will enhance the energy production process in the body.
15. Improves Sleep – The high content of the magnesium helps in providing a sound sleep. Magnesium is a mineral that directly is responsible for improving sleep. The consumption of caraway seeds is good for insomnia.
So include the caraway seeds in your diet to avail the above mentioned benefits.