While research has stated that there isn’t a particular food that causes acne, still those suffering from it can minimize outbreaks by eating good-for-the-skin foods.
Top Skin Foods
• Sunflower seeds and almonds are loaded with vitamin E which is found in the skin’s top layers. This can guard the cells’ outer membrane so cells stay healthy.
• Fortified cereal, lean meat, poultry, and oysters contain zinc and iron, which are minerals that contribute to cell production, as well as
natural cell sloughing, which keeps dullness at bay.
• Low-glycemic foods keep insulin steady while refined carbohydrates and sugar spike it. The surges may boost the production of androgens which when elevated, can trigger pimples and acne.
• Wild salmon, Atlantic mackerel, walnuts, and eggs are bursting with omega-3 fatty acids which fight inflammation in the body caused by UV rays and stress.
• Strawberries, kiwis, citrus fruits, red peppers, and broccoli contain vitamin C which is vital for the production and formation of collagen.