The second edition of the Annual Health Awards, jointly organized by DHA and HEALTH Magazine, was a huge success and honored many senior UAE doctors on the occasion of the ‘Year of Zayed’, with 1000+ people in attendance including government officials, healthcare leaders and professionals from the public/private sectors, Arab and Bollywood celebrities as well as awardees and their friends and relatives.
Dubai, February 26, 2018: Winners of the second edition of the Annual Health Awards were awarded at a star-studded gala event at the Grand Hyatt Dubai on Monday, February 26, 2018. Jointly organized by Dubai Health Authority (DHA) and HEALTH Magazine, the event – the region’s biggest and most comprehensive annual awards for the healthcare sector – brought together more than a thousand healthcare leaders and professionals from the UAE’s private and public sectors.
His Excellency Humaid Al Qutami, Chairman of the Board and Director-General of the Dubai Health Authority, the chief guest of the event, presented the Annual Health Awards 2018 to 35 winners in 23 categories including private and public sector organizations and individuals, as well as 17 legendary dignitaries – for their pioneering roles in shaping the healthcare industry of the region. Dr. Thumbay Moideen, Founder President of Thumbay Group and Publisher of HEALTH Magazine, was also present.
H.E. Humaid Al Qutami said that the DHA was proud to partner the Annual HEALTH Awards to honor outstanding achievements in healthcare, and to promote healthcare best practices. Noting that the awards had grown bigger in terms of participation as well as categories, he urged healthcare professionals and companies to participate in the upcoming editions.
Also in attendance were distinguished personalities like His Highness Sheikh Faisal Bin Saqr Al Qasimi (Chairman, Julphar) and H.E. Dr. Abdul Rahim Jaffer (Former Under Secretary, MoH). The event was also graced by the presence of Arab Celebrity Mayssa Maghrebi and Bollywood celebrities Sanjay Dutt, Manyata Dutt and Rimi Sen.
The corporate award categories included honors for hospital infrastructure development, CSR contribution, innovative technology in healthcare, medical tourism etc. The individual categories included distinguished women, innovative researchers, leaders in healthcare etc.
Dr. Thumbay Moideen said that the Annual Health Awards was a perfect platform to celebrate healthcare accomplishments in the UAE. “Through the Annual HEALTH awards, we seek to honor the present generation of healthcare heroes, at the same time inspiring and motivating the present as well as future generation of professionals to nurture an innovative approach to healthcare. We are glad that the awards this year has attracted larger numbers of applicants and participants, on its way to emerging as the hallmark of healthcare excellence.”
Seventeen distinguished healthcare trendsetters were honored with special awards as part of the Annual Health Awards 2018, in recognition of their invaluable contributions to the region’s healthcare industry. The awardees were: His Highness Sheikh Faisal Bin Saqr Al Qasimi (Chairman, Julphar), H.E. Dr. Abdul Rahim Jaffer (Former Under Secretary, MoH), Prof. Muscat Baron (Dean-Clinical, Dubai Medical College), Dr. Raja Easa Saleh al Gurg (Chairperson, Al Jalila Foundation), H.E. Dr. Najib Al Khaja (Secretary General, Sheikh Hamdan Awards for Medical Sciences), H.E. Dr. Yousuf Abdul Razak Al Bastaki (Director – Medical Education, DHA), Dr. Muhaddita Al Hashimi (Director, Higher Colleges of Technology), Prof. Rafia Ghubhash (Former President, Arabian Gulf University), H.E. Dr. Abdulla Al Khayat (Former Director, Latifa Hospital), H.E. Dr. Ahmed Al Hashimy (Member of the Board of Trustees, Sheikh Hamdan Awards for Medical Sciences), Dr. Zainab Abdulla Kazim (Gynecologist, First National Woman Doctor), Dr. Ahmed Kazim (Orthopedic Specialist, First National Male Doctor) Prof. Hossam Hamdy (Chancellor, Gulf Medical University), Dr. Michael Bitzer (CEO, Daman), Dr. Ajit Nagpal (Former Advisor MoH, Chancellor – Amity University), Dr. Mohamed Kouta (General Manager City, Pharmacy).
List of Winners
- Prime Hospital, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Child Early Intervention Medical Center, Dubai
- Prime Medical Centers, UAE
Distinguished Laboratory Services:
- Biosytech Medical Laboratory, Dubai
- Burjeel Hospital Pharmacy, Abu Dhabi
Distinguished Pharmaceutical Companies:
- Neopharma, Abu Dhabi
Distinguished Medical Equipment & Supplies Providers:
- Al Shomoukh Trading (Astamed), Dubai
- Roche Diagnostics Middle East FZCO, Dubai
Distinguished Organizations For Innovative Technology:
- DHA (Dubai Health Authority)-Primary Healthcare Service Sector, Dubai
- Spotcheck, Dubai
Distinguished Organizations for CSR Contribution:
- University Hospital, Sharjah
Distinguished Organizations for Medical Tourism:
- Canadian Specialist Hospital, Dubai
Distinguished Organizations for Hospital Infrastructure Development:
- RAK Hospital, Ras Al Khaimah
Distinguished Entity for Treating People of Determination:
- Family Gathering – Dubai Health Authority, Dubai
- School Health Services – Dubai health Authority, Dubai
Distinguished Leaders in Healthcare:
- Dr. Hibah Shata (MD, Child Early Intervention Med Centre, Dubai)
- Dr. Shyam VL (MD, Dr. Shyam Ayurvedic Center, Dubai)
Distinguished Executives in Healthcare:
- Dr. Mohaymen Abdelghany (CEO, Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai)
- Dr. Kishan Pakkal (CEO, International Modern Hospital, Dubai)
- Dr. Shamsa Abdulla Ali Bin Hamad (COO, MedCare, Dubai)
- Dr. Monikaa Chawla (Consultant, Fakih IVF Fertility Center, Abu Dhabi)
- Dr. Jamal Aldeen Alkoteesh (Chairman of Clinical Imaging Institute, Consultant -Al Ain Hospital, Al Ain)
- Dr. Ashok Gupta (Consultant-Plastic Surgeon, CEDAR Jebel Ali International Hospital, Dubai)
- Dr. Prashant Bhatia (Specialist Opthalmologist, Vista Healthcare, Dubai)
- Dr. Buthainah Al Shunnar (Plastic Surgeon, Dubai)
Distinguished Medical Specialists:
- Dr. Shallen Verma (Specialist Periodontist & Implantologist & Head of Dept., City Centre Clinic, Dubai)
- Dr. Naeem Toosy (Consultant-Emergency Medicine, Sheikh Khalifa Hospital, Umm Al Quwain)
Distinguished Women in Healthcare:
- Asma Ibrahim Al Hosany (Director of Nursing, Kuwait Hospital, Sharjah, MOHAP)
- Mervat Mansour (Director of Quality & Patient Safety, Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai)
- Dhoha Ahmad Mohamed Amin Hassan Alawadhi (Head of PHC-Quality & Excellence, Dubai Health Authority, Dubai)
Distinguished Innovative Researchers in Healthcare:
- Prof. Adrian Kennedy (Chief Wellness Officer, Arabian Healthcare Group LLC)
- Dr. Bassam (Consultant & Head of Pulmonary Medicine, Rashid Hospital, Dubai Health Authority)
- Kawthar Mohamed Yousef Al Ali (Deputy Director of Nursing, Kuwait Hospital, Sharjah)
- Bleson Lukose (OR Manager, Medeor Hospital, Dubai)
About HEALTH Magazine
HEALTH Magazine is a leading health & lifestyle publication in the region, launched in 1999. It is highly regarded and read by a large segment of healthcare professionals and general public in the region and globally. It is a bi-monthly, bi-lingual (English and Arabic) magazine with a BPA-audited circulation of 20,000 copies and a readership of around 80,000. It is licensed by the National Media Council, UAE. It covers a variety of topics such as health, lifestyle, wellness, fitness, beauty, family, parenting, diet, nutrition, luxury and fashion.