- 2 cups whole wheat bow-tie pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, rubbed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook about 10 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add broth, pumpkin, sage, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer about 8 minutes. When pasta is finished cooking, drain and add it to the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir to combine ingredients and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.