These stuffed peppers make a cheap and easy family meal and perfect starter or healthy lunch recipe. You could fill them with your choice of mince, rice or any vegetables but I’ve gone for quinoa and kidney beans, which is a great vegetarian option.
I’ve also topped mine with mashed avocado, greek yoghurt and spring onions but you could also try salsa too.
Hope you enjoy!
1 cup/150g quinoa
1 cup/200g kidney beans
1 cup/160g sweet corn
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. greek yoghurt
1 spring onion
2/3 cup/100g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cook the quinoa according to the pack guidelines.
- In a saucepan heat the kidney beans, sweetcorn, paprika and cumin for 5 mins over a medium heat.
- Chop the tomatoes then mix together the quinoa, kidney bean mixture and chopped tomatoes.
- Cut the head off the peppers and de-seed, then fill with the bean mixture.
- Add to a baking tray and cover with tin foil. Place in the oven and heat for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then top with greek yoghurt, mashed avocado and spring onion to serve.