Created by Nadia Parekh of Mélange Dubai for the Beat Diabetes initiative’s Homey’s Guide to Healthy Recipes
For the infusion:
- 4 bags of Moroccan tea bags (or any flavored tea bags of your choice)
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Honey (to taste)
- 1 Nectarine, cut into wedges
- 2 Limes, sliced
- Strawberries, cut in half
- 250ml Sparkling water (plain or flavored to your choice)
- Ice cubes
- Additional flavor ideas:
- Mint leaves
- Frozen berries
- Edible flowers
- Orange or lemon slices
1. Boil the water and remove from the heat, add the tea bags and brew for 3-4 minutes, depending on how strong you would like the flavor of the tea. Mix in the honey and cool to room temperature.
2. Prepare the infusion, add to the tea and chill overnight
3. Just before serving add the sparkling water.
4. Additional flavors can be added to the glass.