Joint And Muscle Pain :
You can conquer pain. When the strains of physical activity or disease start to affect your joints, there are some effective ways you can fight back, without the sometimes serious side effects of many drugs.
• One of the latest therapies being used by health professionals is a natural compound composed of special fatty acids, available in supplement form. In clinical studies conducted at the University of Connecticut and published in the Journal of Rheumatology, the compound, called Celadrin, was shown to alleviate pain and increase range of motion, with no reported side effects.
Actor Dick Van Patten, an avid tennis player, was temporarily sidelined with severe shoulder pain. Facing painful cortizone shots or surgery, he tried a cream containing the compound.
“In a couple of days, the pain started to subside, and soon I was back to playing the game I love.”
Research has shown that the special fatty acids in Celadrin inhibit inflammation in endothelial cells that line the inside of various body cavities, and decrease the pro-inflammatory effects of arachidonic and other fatty acids. In addition, they may help to lubricate an affected joint, resulting in pain relief and increased mobility.
Here are some additional things you can do to help fight joint and muscle pain naturally:
• Touch can be comforting, particularly from a partner or a pet.
• maintain your ideal body weight and exercise regularly.
However, not just any type of exercise will do. Exercise programs should be individualized, because people have different needs.
• Applying heat to the affected area can help relax muscles and joints and thus prevent painful spasms. Use a heating pad for 20 to 30 minutes at a time-going longer can lead to burns.
• Counter intuitively, cold can have the same effect as heat. In addition, the numbing properties of an ice pack-wrapped in something; never apply ice directly to the skin-can dull the pain, making it easier to go about your day.