Factors such as stress, summer heat, poor diet, cold winter air, environmental pollutants, cosmetics and many others make your skin rough and dry. If you are looking for natural solutions to common skin problems then this article is definitely for you.
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is often used to clear skin, whiten spots and remove scars. In fact, this citrus-rich fruit has cleansing enzymes, which help remove dead skin cells and keep your skin fresher and smoother. With its wonderful astringent properties, lemon is known as a great natural cleanser for removing excess oil. Here are 2 simple but effective ways of using lemon juice for skin care:
- To lighten acne marks and dark spots, you can squeeze a fresh lemon and then apply the juice on your face and neck. Keep it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Do this every day or several times per week.
- To get soft and smooth skin, you can squeeze half lemon and mix it with one egg white. Spread this on your face evenly. Keep it on your face for 10 – 15 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water. Apply once or twice per week.
Another natural ingredient that you can use to get smooth skin is honey.
- Apply extra-virgin honey directly on your face and neck. Keep it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
- Another way is to apply a mix of honey and 1 egg white on your face for about 20 minutes. Use a mild soap with cold water to rinse off the face mask and to remove the smell of egg.
- Create a thick paste by mixing 3 teaspoons honey with 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Apply on face and keep and leave on overnight. Rinse off with lukewarm water in the morning.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a wonderful natural ingredient used in many beauty recipes for maintaining, cleansing and smoothening skin. This herb can remove acne, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and fade blemishes.
- Extract the gel from 1 aloe vera leaf and apply it on your face at night. Leave overnight and wash off with cold water. You can do this 2 to 3 times per week.
- Alternatively, you can combine 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 teaspoon honey. Then you apply this on your face & neck and wash it off after keeping it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Also, you should use this mask a few times per week.
Cucumber has great hydrating, astringent and nourishing properties. Its anti bacterial properties keep harmful bacteria and contaminants at bay. Cucumber face masks help prevent pimples, dry skin, blackheads and wrinkles.
To make a natural facial mask, mix 2 tablespoons oatmeal, 1 teaspoon milk, and 1/2 pureed cucumber. Apply the mixture on your face and neck and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
You can also use cucumber as a cleanser by applying a mixture of milk and cucumber juice.