Summer’s scorching heat means melting makeup, oily skin and raccoon eyes. However Hiba Jad, URBAN DECAY’s GCC Regional Trainer and Makeup Artist shows HEALTH that summer proofing your makeup is easier than we think and has lots of tips to share to keep you looking perfect all summer long since one of URBAN DECAY’s core messages is making your makeup last all day long.
Making Makeup Last
The most important method to making makeup last, be it on the face or the eyes, says Hiba, is to prime the area first. Depending on the individual’s skin type, use URBAN DECAY’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion to basically smooth out the area for easier more uniform shadow application, and prep it for eye makeup. This product is proven to keep your eye makeup in place for 24 hours, even in the heat of Dubai. If needed, you can use the Anti-Aging formula all around the eye area to immediately erase any telltale signs of fatigue, tiny lines, and imperfections and it also brightens the area.
Once you have applied the primer in the eye area, do your eyes and then your complexion starting with one of the URBAN DECAY Face Primers (Pore Perfecting or Brightening and Tightening depending on your needs. “Once your makeup is all done, use the URBAN DECAY All Nighter Setting Spray which is basically a non-sticky makeup spray to hold and set your makeup for 16 hours,” she says.
Daytime Smoky Eye
Many women shy away from doing a smoky eye because they think it’s impossible to master but Hiba dispels the myth. Here’s an easy way to make a daytime smoky eye natural enough to wear to the office:
- Use a brown matte eyeshadow; apply it using an eyeshadow brush in circular motions over the eyelid.
- Next use a lighter bronze shade in the same family of brown and apply this sparingly to the mid of the eyelid.
- Now use a light eyeshadow as highlighter and apply this sparingly on the outer part of the lid, then using a brush very carefully, blend to achieve a muted and soft daytime look.
- For a final touch, apply a deep black eye pencil such as URBAN DECAY’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in shade Perversion: starting from the middle of the upper lid, make a smooth line following the contour of your eyelid. Blend this to soften.
Secret Tricks of the Trade
Fall 2015 will see matte lips dominate.
- A huge color for summer is purple, for example the Iconic range in Vice, Psychedelic Sister, Flash and Bittersweet.
- Remember when wearing a nude lipstick, it must show. Pick a shade at least two shades darker than your own lips color.
- To make lipstick last all day long, apply a matching lip liner over the entire lips and then apply your lipstick, or a clear lip primer such as URBAN DECAY Ultimate Ozone Multi-Purpose Primer Pencil.
- For contouring and sculpting the face, use three different shades: a darker powder, a highlighter shade and a colored blush.