When the immune response triggers an inflammatory response without an infection, damage occurs to body tissues. This is a condition caused by auto-immune diseases such as arthritis. Taking sugars and refined carbohydrates excessively is what leads to increased inflammation. So reducing the intake of sugar and rather eating foods that fight inflammation and lose belly fat is the key to fighting inflammation.
Foods to eat to lose belly fat and inflammation
Anti- inflammatory foods are foods that are rich in nutrients and fiber content, and equally combat belly fat. So eating the right amounts of the following foods in a balanced diet, helps keep your body protected from such conditions.
- Omega – 3 fatty acids rich foods- eating foods that are rich in omega- 3 fatty acids, with a less percentage of omega-6 fatty acids, help prevent inflammation and fight belly fat. Such foods include; Alaskan salmon fish, walnuts and flaxseed.
- Some spices types – adding to your food a select of some spice types helps fight inflammation and lose belly fat. They include; chili peppers, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and turmeric.
- Water – taking enough water helps get toxic substances out of your body fast. It’s recommended that you take about 64 ounces of water a day. If you are exercising, then be sure to even increase the intake.
- Whole grains – whole grains are rich in fiber content and vitamin B, helping control the insulin response in the body and reduce homocystine hormone in the body, responsible for causing inflammation.
- Green tea – epigallocatechin-3- gallate [EGCG] compound found in green tea has been proved to reduce body fat, and effectively combat belly fat and the flavanoids in green tea are rich in anti inflammatory properties.
- Fruits and vegetables – all fruits and vegetables are very rich in nutrients and fiber content. So including them in your foods helps fight even chronic inflammation and reduce body fat. They include; pineapples, spinach, papaya, mushrooms, apples, berries and broccoli.
- Nuts – nuts are generally rich in vitamin E, calcium and fiber content. They are also rich in antioxidants that fight and help repair fast the damage that inflammation can cause to your body cells. Studies have shown that a combination of nuts and green leaves, fish and whole grains has been found to reduce inflammation in a very short time of between5-8 weeks.
- Soy – soy milk, tofu and boiled soybeans contain isoflavones that lower inflammation in women.
- Dairy products – low- fat milk is very rich in nutrients that fight inflammation. Though milk can be a trigger for rheumatoid arthritis, under which case its recommended not to take any, generally the calcium and vitamin D found in milk products is very important not only in fighting inflammation, but also in ensuring strong bone structure, cancer reduction and other health benefits.
You should note that fighting inflammation and belly fat are conditions that cannot be treated in a short period of time. Taking the necessary steps and eating a balanced diet with the above mentioned Anti-inflammatory foods helps fight the conditions and achieve better and lasting results. There are more foods that help and the list is arguably long, but make sure you eat them in the right form and in the right amounts to achieve better results.
Inflammation and belly fat are conditions that require patience, eating the right foods helps reduce the effects to the two conditions and produce better results.