Comptoir 102 was launched in 2012 by Emmanuelle Sawko and Alexandra de Montaudouin who were inspired by the concept store culture of Paris and New York and decided to bring it to Dubai. HEALTH met with the duo to find about more about taking a living space to a higher level…
Q How do you pick the pieces you showcase?
When we are picking pieces, we try to focus on designers who are new and are not available in Dubai. Our focus tends to be on modern, unique and one-of-a-kind pieces which will be part of your collection for a lifetime and will assimilate with ease into any interior.
Tips to Maximize a Room Space
- Play with colors – don’t be afraid of dark colors as they can make rooms look bigger than they are.
- Always use mirrors to create an illusion of space.
- Proper lighting can do wonders.
- Avoid accumulating small pieces and stick to having one standout piece.
- Don’t overdo it and fill the room up unnecessarily. Stick to a minimalist style.
The Hottest Trends in Home Furnishings
- Scandinavian design is very heavily influencing the furnishing world at the moment.
- The use of glass.
- Lots of inspiration is being drawn from the 50’s style of interior design.
- Wallpapers are very on-trend right now.
- Color – bright, bold and beautiful shades.
Instant Ways to Make a Space More Elegant
- Use natural fabrics and materials.
- Keep it simple and don’t overload a room with small things like photo frames.
- Look for vintage, standout pieces which have character.
- Try not to rely on duplicating interiors you have seen in magazines or in stores. Make sure you decorate in a way that you are comfortable with so that the room has your personal touch to it.
- Have uniformity in the materials you use. For example, if you have one color or type of wood, make sure that is the common factor throughout the space.
- Don’t use too many different elements or materials because that ends up looking cluttered and chaotic.
Comptoir 102 – The House of Cool
Founded by two entrepreneurs, Emmanuelle Sawko and Alexandra de Montaudouin, with an impeccable eye for fashion and interiors, Comptoir 102 is a Bohemian-style concept store, which offers Dubai’s chic and stylish crowd everything they need to keep their homes and
wardrobes up to date. A unique multi-use space comprising a concept store and an organic café, Comptoir 102 has cemented itself as a fashion haven with soul in the heart of Jumeirah.