Who doesn’t want that svelte figure which can make everybody turn their head in awe and wonder? Yes, it is the truth! When you see a person with a well-maintained body, you just cannot stop admiring that person consciously or subconsciously.
The fact is that we need to maintain our body because due to many reasons the fat content gets deposited in the various parts of our body, which becomes a herculean task to shed after a certain period of time.
What is Body Fat?
It is really necessary for us to know about body fat? The answer of this question will definitely help you to deal with this body fat issue more effectively.
Like many other components of the body such as muscle, water, bone and other organs, the body fat makes the structure of the body. The body fat can be divided into two types, such as essential fat and storage fat. Essential fat helps for the normal functioning of the body and gets deposited in central nervous system, bone marrow, organs, and muscles. Storage fat is the fat that gets accumulated beneath the skin. And it is the fat that increases along with weight gain whichbecomes difficult to shed.
Causes of Body Fat
There are various reasons due to which the fat gets deposited in the body. Read on to know more about them.
Energy Imbalance: If there is not a proper balance between your energy IN and energy OUT, then you will very accumulate fat tissues in your body. Energy IN is the amount of calorie we get from the food and drink and energy OUT is the amount of energy our body uses for digesting our food, breathing and other physical activities. The body should maintain a balance between these two energies to maintain a healthy body; else it will lead to fat deposition in various parts of the body.
Inactive lifestyle: One of the main reasons of fat accumulation in our body is less physical activities. And this often leads to obesity or makes the person fat as he/she is not able to burn the excess calorie that she /he has taken through the diet.
Now people are spending most of their time by watching TV or indulging in leisurely activities. The advancement of technology has made the work much easier and the human beings inactive, which in turn make them fat and in the long run make them obese.
Genetics: It also plays a great role in deciding a person’s weight. It runs in the family history. You may become fat or obese if any of your parents are suffering from weight issues. The genes determine the capacity of your body to store the fat. Often the children adopt the food habits of their parents. So if the parents are obese, the chance is there that the children will also accumulate fat tissues in their body.
Health Issues: Some health conditions also make a person fat. Some of these conditions are polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), Cushing’s syndrome, underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), etc.
Medicine: The consumption of certain medicines like corticosteroids, antidepressants, and seizure medicines make the person to gain weight, the main reason of fat deposition in the body.
Age: It also plays a crucial role in making a person fat. When the person gets older, he or she/he tends to accumulate fatty tissue in the body. With age the person also becomes less active, which means he/she burns less calories than the calorie she/he gains from the daily diet.
Less Sleep: Insufficient sleep also makes the person fat. According to some researches, sleep balances the hormones, which make you hungry (ghrelin) or full (leptin). So when a person does not get enough sleep, the hormone ghrelin grows up which means the person feels hungry and eats more food. Sleep also affects the insulin level in the body.
Pregnancy: During pregnancy, women tend to gain weight to meet the demands of the body and for the growth of the child. But after delivery, sometimes it becomes difficult to shed that weight. It makes the woman fat and sometimes obese.
Emotional Factors: Sometimes people tend to eat more when they are angry, stressed or happy. So this factor over the time makes the person to eat more and deposit more calories in the body. The excess calories in the body often make the person fat or overweight.
Exercises to Burn Fat at Home
Fat deposition and weight gain are interrelated to each other. If you gain weight, you will accumulate fatty cells in your body and in the same way if you burn fat you will lose weight.
Weight gain is one of the most difficult health conditions which everyone wants to get rid of. There are many surgeries as well as OTC drugs that promise to treat the condition.
At the same time there are many exercises that target the various body parts and help you lose weight. And the good thing is that you can perform these exercises at the comfort of your home without burning a hole in your pocket by going to the gym.
1. Lateral Jumps
It targets the core, glutes, and thighs. It is one of the simplest exercises which involve almost all large muscle groups. It makes you to burn high number of calories and at the same time tones your body.
How to Perform
- Stand as if you are going to do a squat.
- Keep your feet in shoulder width apart and hands in front of your chest.
- Push your butt back and take the squat down position.
- Swing your arms downward in the same movement.
- This is like a squat jump but you’ll have to angle your arms slightly to the right.
- From the squat position jump upward and left, but also laterally. Jump 2-3 feet laterally.
- Do not go straight up and swing your arms to the left, which will throw your lower body to the left.
- Now, stand but immediately squat down, with your arms to the left a bit.
- Immediately explode upward and take a jump to the right.
- Start jumping left, right, left, and continue this.
2. Low Belly Leg Reach
This exercise targets the corsets and the six packs. So helps to burn the fat that is accumulated in those areas.
How to Perform:
- Lie on your back on the floor with your face up and knees bent to 90 degrees.
- Keep your hands behind the head and your abs are contracted.
- Keep your knees stacked over the hips.
- Lift the shoulder and crunch up.
- Inhale and be in this position for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Now, exhale and extend the legs to 45 degrees.
- Squeeze the lower belly and be in this position for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Perform 2 sets of 10-15 reps to burn fat from the corsets as well as from the six packs.
3. Push ups
These exercises work on the whole body, thus helps in the overall fat loss. One of the most important benefits of this exercise is that you can modify this exercise and can make it very challenging.
How to perform
- Lie on the floor on your stomach by keeping your feet together.
- Place your palms down on the floor in shoulder width apart and next to your shoulders.
- Put all the body weight on your hands and raise your body from the ground.
- Now lower your body and come down but ensure that the stomach do not touch the ground.
- Repeat this exercise as many as you can perform to burn fat.
4. Skipping Exercise
Useful for both men and women, skipping is a simple yet an effective exercise that can help you to lose weight from the thighs and the stomach. Apart from that it also helps to burn fat from other parts of the body.
How to perform
- For this exercise, you need a jump rope.
- Hold your jump rope or skipping rope in both the hands.
- Start jumping with this rope and continue this jumping at least for 30 seconds.
- Jump with both your legs at once to get better results with less time.
- Perform this exercise preferably in the morning on an empty stomach.
5. Single Leg Lift Jump Exercise
This exercise works on the core muscles. It effectively works to tone the body by burning the deposited fat in the body.
How to Perform
- Stand straight on the floor, and then lift the left leg from the ground.
- Bend down and place both the palms on the floor.
- Now you need to jump with the single foot but ensure to keep your left leg up from the ground.
- Perform this exercise for 30 seconds and then perform it with the other leg by bending your right knee.
- This challenging exercise will help to lose weight in an effective way.
Some Other Tips to Lose Weight
Exercising will definitely help you lose weight to get that perfect body. But at the same time it is important to maintain that healthy body and in this case following some useful tips will help a lot in achieving your weight loss goals. Let’s have a look at some of the important as well as useful tips that are mentioned below.
Diet: It plays an important role in weight gain as well as in weight loss. To lose weight as well as to maintain it, you need to give proper attention to your daily diet. Make sure to include more raw foods like fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
Smaller Meals: Take smaller portions of meal in regular time intervals. Avoid eating more food at a time and try to eat 5 to 6 meals per day to notice a drastic change in your body.
Drink More Water: Water is one such element which helps to melt the deposited fat in the body. And at the same time it also makes you full for which you will not feel hungry. So less hunger means less consumption of food, which is often related to the weight loss goal.
Avoid Eating Starchy Carbohydrates: Do not eat food with starchy carbohydrates like rice, breads, potatoes and pasta. These foods provide more energy to the body than it requires. So the excess energy gets stored in the body as fat.
Lower the Consumption of Sugar: Sugary foods often lead to weight gain and deposition of fatty tissues in the body. So limit the consumption of sugar to maintain a healthy body.
Consume Fiber Everyday: The consumption of fiber everyday will help you to keep your weight under control. As fiber absorbs water it takes more space in the stomach, which ultimately keeps you full.
Avoid Eating Junk Food: Do not eat junk foods, such as French fries, potato chips, pizza and hamburgers etc. as these are loaded with unhealthy fat.
Eat a Balanced Breakfast: A balanced breakfast provides the much-needed energy to the body that has not taken anything in the night. It also balances your hunger pangs so that you will not eat more in lunch, which will help you to shed the weight in the long run.
Eat More Vegetables: Consuming more vegetables immensely help to lose weight. Packed with nutrients they offer the necessary vitamins and minerals to the body and at the same time help to maintain a healthy body.
Set Goals: Set goals for your weight loss plan to achieve the target. It will not only help you to lose weight in a specific time period but will also achieve the targeted weight loss easily.
No more going to the gym or no more going to the doctor. Now you can burn the fat to lose weight by doing the exercises at the comfort of your home. Try the exercises as well as follow the tips that are mentioned above to get that awesome figure to woo the world.