Acidity Home Remedies
Acidity occurs due to excessive acid formation in stomach that irritates the gastrointestinal lining, causing a blazing pain. Due to the acid reflux, the esophagus becomes dysfunctional and may develop ulcers even.
Acidity, also known as heartburn, occurs due to excessive acid formation in stomach that irritates the gastrointestinal lining, causing a blazing pain. Acid (Hydrochloric acid) leaks back in to throat and one feels a burning sensation within the esophagus or food pipe and feels the taste of a rotten orange puree in the mouth. Due to the reflux of acid, the esophagus becomes dysfunctional and may develop ulcers even. Apart from heart burn or pain in stomach or chest, the patient of acidity may also experience vomiting tendencies, coughing, poor appetite, and loss of weight, difficulty in swallowing food, respiratory problems, pain in ears and change of voice.
The causes of acidity may be listed as follows
- Eating rich, spicy food
- Insufficient chewing of food
- Skipping meals or remaining in empty stomach for long.
- Lack of physical activity
- Inadequate sleep
- Obesity that puts much pressure on the digestive tract.
- Intake of alcohol
- Intake of caffeine
- Intake of tobacco
- Diseases like hernia.
Home Remedies for Acidity
- Gently sucking a piece of jaggery until acidity subsides is a perfect home remedy for acidity.
- A glass of cold milk gives instant relief from this problem.
- Chewing of few basil leaves keeps acidity, gas and nausea at bay.
- Eating plenty of cucumber, water melon and banana keeps away acidity.
- Drinking coconut water relieves acidity.
- Every meal should be followed by a drink of fresh mint juice. This is the best acidity remedy.
- Consumption of yoghurt gives instant relief from this problem.
- Soda water effectively treats acidity problems.
- Chewing ginger helps subside acidity.
- One may take a mixture of 1 tablespoon honey and 2 tablespoon natural apple cider vinegar before meals to avoid this problem.
- Sucking clove relieves acidity.
- Intake of 2 teaspoons of white vinegar along with meals prevents acidity.
- Intake of tea and coffee should be replaced by the intake of herbal tea consisting of spearmint or licorice.
- One may drink a mixture of 1 teaspoon chebulic myrobalan juice and one teaspoon Indian gooseberry juice to get relief from acidity.
- One may boil cumin seeds in a glass of water, strain and drink the water after each meal. This effectively treats acidity.
- Drinking half a glass of butter milk with one tablespoon coriander leaf juice mixed in to it is an effective home remedy for acidity.
- A daily drink of cabbage juice checks acidity.
- Maintaining a standing posture after meals, checks acidity.
- Drinking one or two glasses of water in empty stomach early in the morning keeps acidity away.
- Arozyme capsule is a herbal remedy that will provide you a natural and safe solution to get rid of acidity problem.