WITH SOCIAL MEDIA TAKING OVER, AN INCREASING NUMBER OF MEN ARE PAYING MUCH MORE ATTENTION TO THEIR APPEARANCE. HEALTH REVEALS SOME EASY WAYS MEN CAN INCORPORATE SIMPLE STEPS INTO THEIR DAILY ROUTINE TO LOOK AND FEEL THEIR BEST.
MEN’S HEALTHY SKIN CARE TIPS
1.The skin care products you choose will depend upon your skin type: If you have sensitive skin, use a mild, fragrance-free product to avoid irritation. If you have acne-prone skin, choose
cleansers and moisturizers that specify non-comedogenic, as these won’t clog your pores.
2. Be sure to wash your face daily and after exercise: Avoid using regular bar soap and instead, wash your face with a mild facial cleanser and lukewarm water.
3. Keep a check on your shaving technique: If you often experience razor bumps, razor burns, or ingrown hairs, use a single- or double-blade razor instead and do not stretch your skin while shaving. Use a moisturizing shaving cream and shave in the direction of hair growth.
4. Men also should get sufficient sleep and practice some form of stress relief: Sleep is very important because growth hormone, which is responsible for tissue repair and regeneration in adults, is released during deep sleep.
5. Remember to moisturize: Moisturizer works by trapping water in your skin, which can help lessen the appearance of fine lines and make your skin look brighter.
6. Always wear sunscreen: To help prevent sun damage that can ultimately lead to wrinkles, apply sunscreen to your face and your neck. For best protection, use a broad-spectrum, waterresistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and reapply every two hours.
THE DIFFERENCE IN SKIN
- Men have thicker skin; in fact, it is 20 to 30 percent thicker than women’s skin.
- Men have more sebaceous glands which means they naturally produce more oil.
- Men have more and larger hair follicles. Especially on the face.
- Compared to women, men’s skin ages better because it is naturally thicker.