Dubai, United Arab Emirates – June 2015 – Dentistry can work in harmony to not only improve your smile but your facial features too. Dr. Montalvo Arias and Dr. Molina Rojas work tirelessly with patients in the UAE to create the most natural, confident and beautiful smiles.
The Doctors trained in Surgery and Esthetic Dentistry at the New York University College of Dentistry under the eye of celebrity Aesthetics Expert Dr. Michael Apa. They head a team of specialists working together to provide Dubai with the most advanced cosmetic procedures – including dental implants, orthodontics and surgeries – combined with the latest non-invasive esthetic procedures.
Doctors David Montalvo Arias and Giovanni Molina Rojas provide facts, top 2015 trends and recommendations for Cosmetic Dentistry procedures, all of which are available in their Surgery which features an in-house ceramics lab.
- Non-Prep Veneers are thin, custom-made shells, crafted of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front side of teeth to improve their overall appearance.
- Benefits include minimal tooth preparation and the procedure is quicker and comfortable as in some cases patients don’t require an injection or even local anesthetic.
- Non-Prep Veneers correct poorly formed or mildly mal-positioned teeth, close gaps between teeth, mask internal stains and restores partially broken-down teeth.
Gummy Smile Solutions
- Talking about beautiful smiles is talking about harmony. The different parts of the composition, meaning teeth, gum tissue and lips, need to be in balance. Unfortunately, in some patients, a larger amount of gum tissue is shown while smiling, creating an unpleasant aesthetic appearance of the patient’s smile. This condition is known as a “gummy smile”.
- A “gummy smile” can be caused by a variety of factors, including the following: Excessive overgrowth of gum tissue (hyperplasia), inflammation associated with poor oral hygiene, gum disease or faulty dental restorations, congenital gingival enlargement from hereditary and metabolic disorders and developmental variations of the upper jaw bone or the upper lip, to mention a few.
- An interdisciplinary team of specialist is usually required to be able to treat this situation, and that could be translated to a possible miscommunication between the experts, in addition to extra time and cost.
- Correcting this specific condition has been the main field of action of Apa Aesthetic expert Dr. Montalvo for the last years. By combining his dual training both in Surgery and Aesthetic Dentistry, he is able to diagnose properly the cause of the problem, but also to execute any surgical and restorative treatment needed, aiming the excellence in the results. Therefore, the necessity of communication between experts is avoided, decreasing the possibilities of miscommunication and common errors. Combining minimally invasive surgeries, digital planning tools or microsurgical approaches for his cases are of his strongest skills. Let the expert determine what solution is the best for you.
Dr Montalvo spent three years of residency at the University of Barcelona specializing in the fields of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry. After exclusively practicing as a Periodontist for several years, he decided to further his education in Aesthetic Dentistry spending two more years of residency at the New York University. His area of expertise is the correction of gummy smiles, by combining both microsurgical and minimally invasive restorative aspects of any treatment to design and create dashing smiles.
- If the patient is missing one or multiple teeth, there are several available alternatives to replace them. The best option is always to place a dental implant, which substitutes the missing tooth with a porcelain crown attached a post inserted in the patient bone. Implants look exactly like natural teeth, they are very predictable, strong and lasting restorations.
- One disadvantage of dental implants is that after the surgical post insertion the patient needs to wait between 2 to 4 months before receiving the porcelain crown. During this time the patient doesn’t have any visible tooth. The space remains empty unless other temporary solutions are used to replace the crown, such as removable appliances or bridges, with obvious discomfort for the patient.
- With the Aesthetic Implant technique the patients eligible for the procedure receive the implant crown the same day of the implant surgical placement. No removable appliances or unnecessary teeth preparations for bridges are required. The teeth are stable, the appearance and feel is completely natural. The patient is able to smile and chew from day one. The Aesthetic Implant technique is a delicate procedure that requires appropriate training, experience and sophisticated instrumentation.
Dr Molina Rojas spent three years of residency at the New York University specializing in the fields of Implant Dentistry and Aesthetic Dentistry. Delivering implant crowns that look and feel natural requires a deep understanding of both the surgical as well as the esthetic component of the procedures. Dr Molina Rojas main surgical expertise is the management of dental implants in relation with the aesthetic of the smile, combined with the use of digital softwares and computer guided surgery.
Stop Stress Grinding
- Teeth grinding, medically called bruxism, if occurring on a regular basis can cause damage to the teeth and other oral health complications can arise.
- Main causes include, stress and anxiety, it often occurs during sleep and is more likely caused by an abnormal bite or missing or crooked teeth. It can also be caused by a sleep disorder such as sleep apnea.
- The treatment depends on the cause, some treatments include, splints and mouth guards which will prevent you from grinding your teeth and Dental treatments for example realignment of the way the teeth bite together.