- 3 beetroots medium size
- 75g rock salt
- 4 whole oranges
- 40 ml olive oil
- 10 ml orange juice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 40 mint leaves
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 200c.
- Double layer aluminum foil and cut large enough to fit the beetroot.
- Put the rock salt on the aluminum foil and place the beets on top of the salt.
- Pull the sides of the foil up around the beets, like a bag; it should be loose, but should be sealed and place in oven.
- Cook the beets for 50 to 60 minutes. Use a skewer or knife to check if done. It should easily move into the beet. If firm continue cooking. • After roasting the beets, let cool for easy handling. Peel the beets and cut into strips about 1x1cm.
- Remove the skin of the four oranges with a knife leaving no peel or white membrane.
- Slice two of the oranges into rounds. Try to get twenty orange rounds and remove the seeds if needed.
- Cut two oranges into segments with no skin or seeds.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except orange rounds.
- On a plate lay down five orange rounds and place the salad on top of this.
SERVES 4 – PREP TIME (15 minutes) COOK TIME (1 hour)