Created by Nadia Parekh of Mélange Dubai for the Beat Diabetes initiative’s Homey’s Guide to Healthy Recipes
Resting time: Overnight
- 4 small red beets, roasted or boiled
- 200g Goats cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 50g chopped and roasted hazelnuts
- Mixed leaves to finish
1. Using a mandolin slice the beets very thinly and using a 2 inch diameter cutter, cut into circles. Place on a tray generously lined with paper towel and rest in the fridge overnight.
2. Mix the softened goats cheese with the honey and add the greek yogurt one tablespoon at a time, mixing until slightly softened but still holding its weight. Put in a piping bag.
3. Mix the balsamic and groundnut oil well, and dress the mixed leaves and hazelnuts together.
4. Start to build the Napoleon: starting with 1 beet slice, pipe a bit of goats cheese mixture in a swirling motion, top with another beet slice and press down slightly if the cheese mixture
has not made it to the edge. Repeat to create a stack of 6 layers of beet and 5 layers of goat’s cheese.
5. Serve chilled with the dressed mixed leaves and hazelnuts