Watermelon is in season and at its absolute best right now, juicy, and when served chilled, extremely refreshing. Perfect when it comes to breaking your fast during Ramadan. The addition of crumbly feta cheese, pine nuts, lime, pomegranate and basil creates a well-rounded flavor and nutritional profile.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Assembly: 5 minutes
- ½ a watermelon, diced and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoon Basil, coarsely chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons reduced balsamic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Make the dressing: mix together the balsamic and olive oil
- Toss all ingredients together for the salad except the salt, pepper and lime.
- When ready to serve, slowly add the dressing and lime juice, one spoon at atime, just until everything is coated, season and serve.